Monday, April 8, 2013

Why I've been MIA....


I remember when I used to loved blogging. I really don't anymore. I loved having a place where I could talk about fashion, make-up, all things girly with other bloggers. It was nice having a community of girls from all over the country who I could get to know and who supported me.

Maybe I was oblivious to it or maybe it really has all of a suddent appeared, but the dynamics of Blogland have really changed. There is so much hatred floating around. I told myself I wasn't going to get involved -- even though the social worker in me fought hard to come out and stand up for people. I told myself I wasn't going to say anything about it. I told myself I wasn't going to let it affect me. But it has.

It's completely ruined my passion for blogging. I find that I have no desire to write blog posts anymore. No desire to be creative. No desire to share what's going on in my life.

I've gone so far as to delete toxic people from social media and from my blog reader. I hate that I have had to do that. I still love reading uplifting blogs -- girls who truly write about their passion and don't get caught up in the drama. It's sad that women I looked up to in the beginning of my blogging adventure are now women I'm ashamed of.

We're supposed to be a community. A group of individuals who come together in this place we called Blogland to discuss and share our lives, our passions, our beliefs. We're not supposed to put each other down.



I'm quite honestly disgusted at the way people have treated one another. And for that reason, I haven't put much effort into my little corner of the internet. Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to find my passion again and get back to something I found much joy in. I just thought I owed it to my readers to explain why I've been MIA these days.

What ever happened to the little virtue "Treat others the way you would want to be treated?"

15 comments:

Blue Dog Belle said...

totally agree. I've definitely been struggling with reading some blogs lately. It's all about sponsoring and followers, etc. craziness.

Sara Elizabeth said...

I agree with you! Blogging was a totally different game now from when I started in 2009...it's crazy. I hope you do come back though, I've always loved your posts :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah twitter was just blowing up with craziness. You just have to know who to follow, some people are just as dramatic in real life as they are as a blogger. Many girls are like that, so it makes sense that blog world reflects it.
I just party a lot. So does my blog.

Unknown said...

This makes me very sad and I hope none of the negative comments were directed towards your bright & cheery corner. I love reading your ramblings & wish that other people would celebrate the GREAT things in life & cultivate great friendships with awesome people. You rock & I hope you & everyone else reading knows it. :)

Rachel said...

I heard that there was a bunch of drama on twitter today, though I didn't see any of it. I guess I've always been enough of a blogging outsider that I really haven't seen any blog drama in 'real life', and I kind of want to stay that way!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I totally agree! It's unfortunate that some things have turned into what they have... I am finding it hard to go on in the blogging world sometimes :( I hope you stay around, I've enjoyed getting to know you!

Cayla said...

Amen girl. Lately I've been having a hard time posting as well, and what I do post feels very "fluff," so not to ruffle feathers. Glad to know others are on the same page :)

Eliza said...

Amen Girlfriend, I seriously felt the same way about the whole blogging thing, I honestly love it but sometimes its overwhelming, I hope you change your mind about not blogging, I love reading your posts!
xo
lovelyaddicitons.blogspot.com

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I hope none of the needless negativity wasn't directed towards you hun ;)

I couldn't agree with you more that the blogging world has changed a lot since I started blogging. So many blogs I used to love have just lost all their content and are all about sponsors, ads, and giveaways *no thanks*. I've started unfollowing all of those types of blogs and thankfully there are still a ton of blogs that I love and look forward to reading with real content and you're one of them! I hope you will continue to post and not let unnecessary drama scare you out of bloggy-land.

Lex said...

You are lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

It does suck. I was just saying on Saturday that I never see any drama taking place and then yesterday happened. Regardless of who supports who, I personally stay out of it. It doesn't involve me. Some view that as not being supportive, but why put myself in the line of fire when I'm not involved?

The Sweetest Thing said...

Well, I don't know what's going on... maybe because IG is my fave social media form but I know it can make you want to run for the hills... or maybe just stay away. I hope you don't stop blogging... keep doing your positive stuff!

Mia Maree said...

I'm so sorry you've had to experience all of that in blogworld. It is a shame, because it CAN be such a positive place to network. I see it like I see it in every day life, you don't need the "vampires" in your life sucking away all your fun and energy. Do it for yourself. Hope you can find your passion to blog again and if you don't, that is ok...find something else you love! :-)

-Mia
www.msmiamaree.com

LB @ LB in Wonderland said...

Hi!

I'm new to your blog & hope you continue it because it's really great, beautiful & inspiring. I'm new to blogland so I haven't experienced too much drama, yet, & hope I don't. I can understand why it would make blogging not so much fun anymore.

I love what you said about how this is supposed to be an uplifting community & hope I can become a member of yours! :)

I'm over at LB in Wonderland. Let me know if you ever need some uplifting, blogger love & I'll send it your way!

LB

lbinwonderland.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I guess because my blog is on the smaller size, I dont see it too much. I see all the cliques and what not, but I just write when I want to and read my usual blogs