Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baseball {Widow} Season

Well ladies and... ladies? I'm not sure how many gents venture over to this side of the internet. It's that time of the year again... Baseball Widow Season. If your boo-thang plays, coaches, or eat/sleeps/breathes the dang sport, you know exactly what I'm talking about.


Justin and I already have pretty opposite works schedules -- I work your typical 8am-4:30pm while J works mostly evenings -- but with his coaching season just getting started, late practices are making our time together pretty sparse. Once games start? Well see ya never!

Don't know if you're a true baseball widow? The checklist below should solve that problem for you...

You're a baseball widow if....

Your time spent "together" includes a) watching from the stands as your significant other coaches a game or b) watching any team play on TV...and don't expect to talk unless it's related to the game.

Your phone calls get ignored because your significant other is watching a game...or watching the highlights from the game he just watched. If you're lucky, you'll get the: "Hey babe, I'm really busy with something right now. Can I call you back soon?"

Your significant other is gone every weekend in the summer because he's coaching summer ball.

You can't talk to your significant other for at least 12 hours after a terrible game.

Watching Web Gems on SportsCenter is the most exciting thing you've watched for a couple hours.

You're already looking forward to baseball season being over...

Anyone else joining me in the Baseball Widow Club this year???

9 comments:

TeriA said...

Haha! How about watching "classic" games. Basically reruns... What did I do before Pinterest?
Teri
http://www.ablittlelife.blogspot.com

Tara said...

HAHA this is great! You are not alone, because my fiancé can no longer play, so he just dives deep into his fantasy teams smmhhh :(

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

I looove this!!! My husband is an ex college player who now coaches!!!! And we always joke how this time of year I become a single puppy momma!!!

Deanna @The Peony Princess said...

My boyfriend is currently playing college ball so basically the only time I see him is during classes!

Jessa O said...

I'm right there with you on being a baseball widow. I completely understand everything. My hubs is an ex baseball player who now works for a college team.

julia rose. said...

Good luck to you this season!! I'm here for any hot baseball pant.. I mean game.. watching shenanigans, so just let me know and I'll come visit ;)

Michael said...

Oh I know I'm a baseball widow. I've been hearing about spring training since November. Seriously? I despise baseball. Boyfriend likes the Yankees, of course, so I wear a Red Sox shirt on purpose.

Unknown said...

How do you do it? 18 months together, not married but living together. I feel he doesn't have time for me! I hate it!!!

Unknown said...

How do you do it? 18 months together, not married but living together. I feel he doesn't have time for me! I hate it!!!