Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday's Letters

Photobucket 

Dear Weekend, every good Friday's Letters needs to start off with you. I am happy to see you have finally arrived, although I'm not too excited about your events. Or maybe just one event in particular. You know what I'm talking about. That certain co-worker's wedding? Listen, I'm all about weddings, but they're not exactly fun when you don't really care for the person getting married. Go ahead, weekend, tell me I'm an awful person. Just being honest! Dear Right Ear, I know I was asking for it when I shoved that earring through you, but could you kick the infection and heal already? Gracias! Dear Justin, three things: 1) Thank the good Lord above that this is your last weekend of coaching hours and hours away. I know you love baseball, but I love you more and would really like to have my boyfriend back on the weekends! 2) {No} Thank you for scaring me the other night while I was watching School Spirits. I'm surprised I didn't pee my pants. 3) Thank you for being my rock. With all this change going on in my life the past year, you've always been there to lean on. I can't thank you enough for making my heart happy when it has been filled with sadness. Dear Jenna, let's move on from the sappiness, will ya? Dear KMurf, I am so beyond happy for you! I know it's been a long and difficult year of job searching and dead ends, but you've finally landed your dream job! No one deserves this more than you! Dear Manicurist, you did a great job on my Shellac manicure, but I don't appreciate you pointing out my extra dry skin. Telling me to stop washing my hands a lot and "germs never hurt anyone" made me want to punch you in the face. Please, let me see you not wash your hands 50x a day when you're working with snot-nosed, dirty children and changing countless diapers! Dear Vacation,  you're so close! I can't wait to not work for an entire week! Dear Followers, you ladies are the bomb.com. All of your sweet comments leave a smile on my face. I'm so glad I started this little ol blog of mine just four months ago and met so many lovely ladies. Y'all know how to make a girl happy!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck with the wedding this weekend!! and yeah for vacation being soon!!

Alicia Marie said...

I was just saying last night to my husband that I wish we had more friends just to go to weddings, not even for the companionship, now that's sad. And I'm pretty sure germs do hurt people, so don't listen to the crazy lady and have the flakiest hands you want. I look like I'm shedding my skin sometimes with all the Purell I use, but it's whatevz I'm clean! Have a good weekend girlie! :)

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Love your letters!!! Hope you have a good weekend :)

<3 Melissa
http://scribble-n-dash.blogspot.com/

CWY said...

I once had a manicurist tell me the same thing. I've also had them tell me I needed to get my eyebrows waxed before. I understand honesty might be the best policy, but maybe not in that situation. Love your letters!

http://christawaldrop.blogspot.com/

Rebekah @ Chronicles from the Peanut Gallery said...

I have been to more than one wedding that I DREADED!! I feel your pain!
My hands have never been as dry as they were when I worked in day cares! Keep washing them! (and invest in some Burts Bees hand salve!)

Rebekah
http://rebekahandjohn-livingandlearning.blogspot.com/

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

i love how you wrote a letter to yourself mid letter writing haha! have a wonderful weekend lover!! LOVE YOU! xo Kelly

Hilary said...

Haha...the nail people always tell me my skin's dry too. Whatev, it is. Happy Friday!

Chelsea said...

thebomb.com HA! Happy Friday :-)

Erin said...

What kind of idiot tells someone to stop washing their hands?!

Jessie said...

Cute post! What do you do for a living? Based off your description I don't think I could do it

Unknown said...

LOL love how you wrote a letter to yourself! :) haha I wrote one to my immune system

Laura Darling said...

Stop washing your hands? Ew!! I wouldn't have liked that either!

Brittney Denman said...

Haha, I hate when they point things out! I would rather have dry skin over being sick!!