You can guess how excited I was when my June Birchbox arrived at my house. I've been obsessively tracking the box since Birchbox sent me an e-mail letting my know it shipped.
This month's theme revolves around Jet Setting! June is the month to begin summer travels, so what better way to kick off vacation season than with a box full of products to help make your vacation that much better!
1. tili Bags // This adorable plastic bag is designed to hold you travel liquids and samples, especially useful for the airport. I appreciate that Birchbox sent me this, but it just makes me angry that I won't be jetting off to an undisclosed tropical location any time in the near future. I guess I'll just have to hold on to this until I find someone who wants to fund a cruise for me! (I'm taking applications just in case you were interested...but really...)
2. John Varvatos Star U.S.A for Men // Okay Birchbox, that's nice of you to throw in a sample for Justin or my dad, but I'm sometimes selfish and this box is supposed to be 100% for me, so you could have excluded this. Danka! But really, I smelt this cologne and it reminded me too much of my dad, so Justin won't be getting this...awkward! It's a blend of ginger, juniper, berries, and vetiver, and in my opinion, the perfect cologne to get your dad for Father's Day!
3. Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive // I love that I got these European self-tanning towelettes! I've tried quite a few self-tanners, but never in towelette form. I'm pretty dark right now (thank you skin for tanning so freaking easily) so I'll be keeping these bad boys to use once my tan goes away.
4. theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen // By far, the best thing I got in my Birchbox this month! Inside this little tube is the best lip and cheek stain I have tried yet. The color reminds me a lot of Benefit's Bene Tint, only so much better. Unlike Bene Tint, which is a liquid, Stainiac is a gel, making application oh so easy. You know how some liquid stains leave an awkward line 10x darker on your lower lip? Not Stainiac! The gel formula helps to make even application so easy! Its also very long-lasting! I used Stainiac on both my lips and cheeks today, and the color lasted honestly all day! At $17 for a full size tube, it sure beats Bene Tint's $29.00 bottle!
5. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect // This leave- in condition smells amazing! I have to admit though, I'm pretty obsessed with Dove Nourishing Oil Hair Therapy Detangler right now (review coming soon!) so I didn't really welcome this product with open arms. This product is designed to detangle, defrizz, and protect hair from UV-rays. Now, I can't exactly determine if my hair is more protected or not and my hair is always beyond frizzy (enter Dove Nourishing Oil Hair Therapy Detangler, but that's for another time) I can't really write much about those. It did do a good job at detangling, though!
6. beautyblender blendingcleanser // Let me admit, when I first glanced at the product description card, I thought I received thee beautyblender, and was a little bit disappointed to read that I really just received the sponge and brush cleanser. But, it really is a great product. I used it this morning to rid my make-up brushes of excess make-up and oil. Would I spend $17.95 for a full-size bottle? Heck no! But I'll enjoy the sample while it lasts.
This month's Birchbox wasn't my favorite, but there were a couple of products that I'm really glad I have the chance to try out. What did you get in you June Birchbox?
**If you haven't entered for a chance to win my Essie Giveaway, do it!! Click here to go directly to the blog post. Good luck! **