Monday, May 14, 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag?

Happy Monday! Normally, I would do a weekend recap, but since my weekend was filled with being lazy, no makeup, naturally curly hair, yoga pants, and a Mothers Day brunch, there's really nothing to write about. And might I add, I am so happy my weekend consisted of nothing! Sometimes, you need that!

Recently, I went through my HUGE makeup bag, threw away a ton of products I never use, and downsized to a smaller bag and thought I would share with you some of my favorite makeup must-haves. Makeup is one thing I don't mind splurging on (although, I probably should since I don't really have money to blow!). My makeup must-haves consist of high end products as well some really cheap (and really great) drugstore finds! Take a look:

Sonia Kashuk Tribal Print Small Train Case
Target - $14.99
 Ulta Minerals Powder Foundation in Medium 01
Ulta - $14.00
I love mineral powder foundation because it's really light on my sensitive skin. I used to use bareMinerals Powder Foundation, but ran out when my funds were a little low. I found this gem at Ulta (at the time it was on sale for $10) and it works exactly the same! Better price tag for pretty much the same product? Sign me up! P.S. Ulta Minerals Powder Foundation is now on sale for $6!

NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in 724A All Over Bronze Glow
Drugstore - $4.99
I've tried a lot of different bronzers, with a lot of different price tags, and this bronzer takes the cake for me. I hate hate HATE bronzer with sparkles or shimmer in it - I'm not going to the Junior Prom! This matte bronzer is the perfect shade for my skin, and come on people! You can't beat $5! It lasts all day and doesn't make you look like a displaced Oompa Loompa.

Revlon Color Stay Under Eye Concealer in Light/Medium

Drugstore - $7.99
This concealer has maximum coverage that will cover up the darkest of under eye circles! I also use it to cover up blemishes on my face. There's a soft brush at the end to blend the concealer, but I find it more effective to use a makeup brush or my finger.

Ulta Eyeshadow in Silk OR Benefit High Beam

Ulta - $7
Sephora - $26
I use both the Ulta Eyeshadow and High Beam as a highlighter. I prefer the Ulta Eyeshadow because, well for starters, it's a lot cheaper, and its a powder which I find easier to blend than the creamy High Beam. I received High Beam as a sample at Sephora, so I didn't actually buy it at full price. I apply my highlighter on my cheeks, right above my blush, and in the inner corner of my eyes to help them look less squinty and fatigued on those early mornings!

bareMinerals Brow Color in Pale/Ash Blonde
Sephora - $11
My eyebrows are pretty much non-existent. Not only are they super light in color, but there also isn't much hair (I actually have a huge bald spot on my right eyebrow). So since I can't have those gorgeous, full eyebrows, I make up for it by using this. I apply it with an angled brush and believe me, a little bit goes a long way! (I've had the same jar for over two years!) bareMinerals Brow Color defines your brows without making them look harsh.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Potion
Sephora - $20
I got this gem for free when I bought the Urban Decay Naked Palette and I love it! I was a little skeptical at first and thought it was just another unnecessary product, but it really works! My eyeshadow lasts all day and by the time I take my makeup off at night, it still looks like I just put it on. Now, would I spend $20 for a small bottle of this, probably not. But I'm enjoying the free sample while it lasts!

Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener
Sephora - $18
Another great product for making your eyes look bigger and brighter!

Maybelline Define-A-Line in Soft Black
Drugstore - $5.00
 Best long-lasting eyeliner. Ever. (Well, in my opinion!)

Maybelline One by One in Blackest Black
Drugstore - $8.50
This mascara is my absolute favorite. I'll try another one and instantly come back to One by One. It makes my (super light) eyelashes look long, separated, and defined.

Once you have your makeup done, outfit on, and the perfect accessories, nothing ties everything together like the perfect perfume. My fave:

Lola by Marc Jacobs
Ulta - $48.00 for 1 oz

And there you have it, my makeup must-haves! What items do you have to have in your makeup bag?


And good news! My J. Crew Turquoise Bubble Necklace (knock-off from eBay) finally arrived in the mail!


Pictures of me actually wearing it coming soon!

xoxo, J

5 comments:

krystal said...

that necklace is making the rounds! i love it! thanks for sharing your makeup favorites, some of these i need to try!

Erin said...

My necklace came in too and I wore it this weekend! All thanks to you. P.S. I need to try that brow filler stuff. I feel like I look like a completely different person whenever I put anything on my brows and it freaks me out.

Chezka Cenon Li said...

Beautiful Necklace! And you have a great makeup set, I have like four pieces in my kit, haha..great choices!

- Che

style-che.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love that through this blogging ish I have learned so much more about you than through our time at Sparbs and daily texts! I am so glad I now know your fave makeup essentials! bahaha

Kalie said...

I'll have to check out the Ulta Minerals, I've been using ELF's version, but I'm not entirely sold on it.
Come check out my blog today, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!