...or not so happy Monday. Where did the weekend go? Nonetheless, I have to admit I am excited to get back to work and see all my babies. I miss them terribly over the weekends!
My weekend started off with one of my favorite things...
A MANICURE! Sure, I had to wait 15 minutes and got pushed down the waitlist when a regular client and, clearly, a favorite walked in, but I was so excited it was the weekend, I couldn't have cared less! Plus, my nails needed to be in tip-top shape for date night with the boy.
We had dinner at one of my personal faves, Macaroni Grill (the bread is to die for). Nothing like a little hangman (yes, my words were 'mashed potatoes') and drawing to add some excitement to the evening! I always love going out on date nights and having an excuse to get dressed up, because we all know I'm not getting all dolled up during the week to work with snot-nosed toddlers!
Saturday, after sleeping in until noon, (I haven't done that in forever, and it felt AMAZING!) I made myself some delicious chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and A LOT of powdered sugar. I had to take a picture...
I got to spend some time with Justin and his parents Saturday evening, which is always a joy! They never fail to make me laugh and feel unbelievably blessed.
Sunday, I was able to spend time with my high school girlfriends. They always say that the friends you make in college are the friends you will have for life, but for me, its my high school girls. We have such an unbelievable bond that will never be broken. It's so amazing to be able to pick back up right where we left no matter how much time has passed between our visits.
We met at The Arb, an arboretum in Downtown Ann Arbor. It was a perfect day to lay down some blankets and enjoy the sun! It's about time we got some beautiful weather in Michigan!
Ugh...don't look at my huge forehead (a.k.a. my five head). My friend, Lee, brought her ADORABLE 9-week old Sheltie/Beagle mix, Fuller.
Umm is that not the most adorable nugget you have ever seen??? Spending time with this little baby gave me puppy fever!
I hope you all had an amazing weekend as well! Happy Monday and remember...
Yours Truly ♥
Friday, April 27, 2012
1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, press snooze...at least three times. I'm not a morning person!
2. I can hardly wait for a birthday date with the boy tonight! I absolutely love date nights!
3. The quickest way to my heart is food because I'm a fatty at heart. It's surprising that I don't weigh 500lbs. I.LOVE.FOOOOD!
4. A little known fact about me is that as a kid I was a bit of a tomboy. Four-wheelers, dirt bikes, dirt, mud, and more dirt....just thinking about those days makes me want to take a shower!
5. The best part about my job is spending the day loving on amazing kids. The toddlers I work with come from really bad homes and almost all are developmentally delayed. Nothing is more rewarding than watching them meet their goals and grow!
6. Something I just couldn't live without is my straightener! I have naturally curly hair and let me tell you, that huge, frizzy look I have after blow-drying is not cute!
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is pretty much anything Martha Stewart can do. She annoys me with how crafty/Susie Homemaker-y she is! Why am I not like that?!?
Have fun and enjoy your weekend!
Yours Truly ♥
Yours Truly ♥